Cognitive is seeking a UI Designer with ten plus years of experience with user interface design and usability testing including
planning, conducting, and coordinating Usability/HFE activities, user experience design and prototyping technologies and methods and is comfortable in each of the usability and software engineering cycle phases (analysis, design, implementation, and deployment).
- Develop user interface feature sets on a rolling schedule with product owners in an Agile-inspired environment
- Guide developers in usability best practices and GUI standards.
- Develop final artwork (e.g., buttons, icons, illustrations) for software user interfaces and potentially learning aids.
- Support the creation of interactive prototypes to present and support usability tests of user interface design concepts.
- Ensure that a consistent and cohesive user experience is maintained throughout project execution.
- Help development teams troubleshoot and fix UI problems.
- Work with senior design team members to develop conceptual design concepts and instantiate design concepts in the form of detailed screen designs
- Design printed learning aids (e.g., user manuals, quick reference cards, training animations).
- Produce style guides.
- In partnership with research colleagues, support requirements creation by analyzing target audience, objectives, user needs, and business needs.
- Develop use scenarios, navigational structures, sitemaps, user/task flows, wireframes and visual assets.
- Support senior design team members to help create detailed proposals, project cost estimates, plans, and schedules.
- Support design reviews, style guideline development, and presentations on style standards and UX conventions.
- In partnership with research colleagues, supporting UX research including usability testing.
- Support usability testing such as planning, protocol development, data collection sheets, moderator scripts, material development, study coordination, IRB submissions, managing participant recruitment, study management, data collection, analysis, and documentation to support project needs.
- Assist in preparation for clinical studies and regulatory submissions in accordance with HF best practices.
- Analyze objective and subjective data from usability studies to inform design and provide alternative solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in interaction design, visual design, graphic design, or a related field.
- Strong conceptual and visual design skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a proficiency in English.
- Skilled in design tools including Adobe Creative Suite, especially Adobe Illustrator, and wireframing/prototyping tools including Sketch, InVision, or Figma.
- Experience conceptualizing and/or designing software user interfaces is required and hardware user interfaces and/or instructional documents a plus.
- Experience creating interactive prototypes in HTML is a plus.
- HFE/UE experience planning, coordinating, conducting, analyzing, reporting formative human factors studies without vendor support.
- Experience with various HF methodologies such as ethnographic research, interviews, contextual inquiries, use scenarios, focus groups, technical assessments, device UI evaluation, knowledge and comprehension studies, expert analysis, task analysis, hazard analysis, risk assessment, formative study and summative studies.
- Experience in the front-end user needs identification, task analysis, URRA, specification development, risk assessments, testing, verification and validation.
Cognitive Medical Systems is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or other legally protected status.