Responsible for planning, writing, editing, and verifying high-quality technical documents and proposals. Takes ownership of assignments by working with software developers and project teams to document project deliverables from RFP to final acceptance. Writes original content as required. Ensures compliance with all contract, proposal and corporate requirements and/or standards. Liaises with Sales, Engineering and Project teams in the company. Guides other content writers and personnel (e.g., programmers, engineers, other SMEs) associated with documentation projects and Sales proposals as required.
- Coordinate content creation across multiple documents continuously with competing deadlines
- Perform quality reviews and peer reviews across technical and non-technical documents and evaluate document quality based on accuracy, substance, and quality of written content
- Perform heavy editing on proposal documents compiled by other writers and/or technical solution/subject matter experts (SMEs)
- Proofread, edit and standardize proposal text for proper grammar, spelling, comprehension, and corporate style
- Work with project managers, technical staff, sub-consultants, and clients to develop proposals that meet the intent of the request, clearly articulate the value proposition and are compliant with submission requirements
- Create, organize, and maintain proposal content, records, and documentation
- Work with the Sales Team & other Proposal Managers to redevelop/refine existing strategies, promotional material, and proposal processes to align with corporate goals and brand
- Understand technical concepts and terminology; communicate essential content and message as appropriate for the intended audience
- Write and edit/rewrite proposals to emphasize messaging and ensure consistency with corporate style standards
- Write engaging promotional content
- Write customized and strategic responses to RFPs, RFIs and other questionnaires tailored to the target audience
- A passion for technology and software development
- Degree in Computer Science, Journalism, English, Communications, Marketing, or closely related field.
- Proposal experience in the Government Contracting industry required
- Proven writing background required
- 2+ years’ experience in proposal production management.
- At least 2 years of technical, professional writing experience
- Experience working with Jira and Confluence
- Mastery of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and Google Documents
- An understanding of fundamental hardware, software and networking architectures
- Good presentation skills
- Experience working in a software development environment
- Technical knowledge of different programming languages and platforms
- Knowledge of multiple writing formats related to software development
- Confident, articulate, and professional speaking abilities
- Superior time-management and organizational skills
- Mastery of punctuation, mechanics, grammar, word usage, and syntax
- Ability to recognize the relevance of specific tasks in relationship to broader objectives
- Experience writing for healthcare and government clients at the federal, state, and local levels
Nice to Have (Internal):
- Active member in the Association of Proposal Management Professionals or Registered Health Information Technician or Administrator
Cognitive Medical Systems is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or other legally protected status.