We are looking for a Senior level SQL Server DBA with ability to help architect and maintain multiple databases for development and production environments. This person should also have familiarity with data access techniques across multiple platforms and have the flexibility to support non-Microsoft operating systems and tools
- Maintains Production database performance for both third party commercial products and internally developed applications, by leveraging SQL management tools and methods; including execution plan management, index tuning, recommending and implementing stored procedure performance enhancements, evaluating and recommending hardware resources, and identifying root causes and solutions for system performance and system capacity issues.
- Implements and supports routine database maintenance processes including security patching, and database backup and retention policies.
- Supports the change management process by implementing new releases and keeping all test environments in sync.
- Supports customer requests for database reporting consulting and issue troubleshooting.
- Identifies database requirements for new solutions by interviewing customers and collaborating with internal team members and program management staff.
- Recommends solutions by defining database physical structure and functional capabilities, database security, data back-up, and recovery specifications.
- Supports an atmosphere of cross-functional teamwork and collaboration within the Agile/Kanban project teams.
- Participates in product roadmap discussions and identify key areas for database improvements in the product, and incorporate these goals into ongoing & future development initiatives
- Must be a US Citizen
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related discipline
- 7 years of overall database administration experience
- 5+ years SQL Server
- Production SQL Server administration experience.
- Strong technical and analytical and problem solving skills to troubleshoot root cause of database related issues
- Experience with AWS cloud hosting environments
- Working knowledge using ANSI SQL and vendor specific dialects, such as T-SQL and PL/SQL
- Experience using SSMS
- Experience implementing transactional table replication
- Experience using SSIS and other ETL tools to automate data import and processing
Nice to Have:
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert
- Amazon AWS experience, specifically with Windows and SQL Server.
- Experience with MySQL, Maria, Derby
- Experience with MySQL Workbench and multi-database access tools
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as Hadoop, MongoDB, and CouchDB
- Experience with Mac OS and Linux
- Experience with high-level programming languages and scripting languages
Cognitive Medical Systems is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or other legally protected status.