The Senior Technical Writer will be responsible for creating engineering documents; design documents, user manuals, and product installation guides in accordance with customer-stated requirements. This individual is responsible for adhering to tight deadlines and delivering timely and accurate information to internal and external customers.
- Tech Writer provides the overall direction and level of content to meet the end product.
- Provides document content and format expert oversight for reports, manuals, articles, and briefs.
- Supports the development of the strategic plan by drafting guidance documents, reports, and outreach materials.
- Develops and reviews written materials produced by other team members to ensure consistency with style, content, and approved templates.
- Develops talking points, backgrounders, presentations, speeches, and general communication materials.
- Provides written materials related to the organization’s regulatory development, including Reports to Congress, regulatory text, and other documents related to associated rulemaking.
- Tracks documents from draft state to final deliverable. Assists in developing vital support processes and documents these results In Accordance With (IAW) Federal Standards and Guidelines
- Bachelor’s degree
- 6+ years of technical, professional writing experience
- 2+ years of experience working in the Government Contracting space
- 2+ years experience in proposal production management.
- Experience working with Jira and Confluence
- Mastery of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Google Documents
- Good presentation skills
- Experience working in a software development environment
- Technical knowledge of different programming languages and platforms
- Expertise in MacOS (has worked in that environment before)
- Expertise in Office 365 (cloud/hosted and desktop versions)
- Expertise in Google Apps/Docs
- Expertise in enterprise document/content management philosophy
- Has worked with ADA Section 508 requirements as it relates to documents
Nice to have:
- An active member in the Association of Proposal Management Professionals or Registered Health Information Technician or Administrator
- HIPPA/HI-TECH background
- HL7 knowledge
- FedRAMP knowledge
- Medical Software experience
- An understanding of fundamental hardware, software, and networking architectures
- Active PIV card.
Cognitive Medical Systems is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or other legally protected.