The Senior Technical writer will be responsible for creating engineering documents; design documents, user manuals and product installation guides in accordance with customer stated requirements. This individual is responsible for adhering to tight deadlines and delivery of timely and accurate information to internal and external customer.
- Writer provides the overall direction and level of content to meet the end product.
- Provides document content and format expert oversight for reports, manuals, articles and briefs.
- Supports development of strategic plan by drafting guidance documents, reports, and outreach materials.
- Develops and reviews written materials produced by other team members to ensure consistency with style, content, and approved templates.
- Develops talking points,backgrounders, presentations, speeches, and general communication materials.
- Provides written materials related to organization’s regulatory development, including Reports to Congress, regulatory text, and other documents related to associated rulemaking.
- Tracks documents from draft state to final deliverable. Assists in developing vital support processes and documents these results In Accordance With (IAW) Federal Standards and Guidelines
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
- 6-8 years of experience in the field or in a related area
- Must have at a minimum at least three years of relevant experience in creation and curation of clinical decision support artifacts
- Proposal experience in the Government Contracting industry required
- Proven writing background required
- 2+ years’ experience in proposal production management.
- At least 2 years of technical, professional writing experience
- Experience working with Jira and Confluence
- Mastery of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and Google Documents
- Good presentation skills
- Proposal development experience
- Experience working in a software development environment
- Technical knowledge of different programming languages and platforms
- HIPPA/HI-TECH background
- HL7 knowledge
- FedRAMP knowledge
- Medical Software experience
- Expertise in MacOS (has worked in that environment before)
- Expertise in Office 365 (cloud/hosted and desktop versions)
- Expertise in Google Apps/Docs
- Expertise in enterprise document/content management philosophy
- Has worked with proposal development and submission
- Has worked with Government Publication Office guidelines
- Has worked with ADA Section 508 requirements as it relates to documents
Nice to have:
- Active member in the Association of Proposal Management Professionals or Registered Health Information Technician or Administrator
- A passion for technology and software development
- An understanding of fundamental hardware, software and networking architectures
- Active PIV card.
Cognitive Medical Systems is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or other legally protected.