We are seeking Senior Systems Administrators with Windows and Linux experience to provide technical expertise for the Department of Veteran’s Affairs. Technical support will include Windows Administration, Linux Administration, Storage and System Administration, as well as Backup Administration.
- Provide technical expertise for Department of Veteran’s Affairs
- Enterprise storage systems including: Windows Storage Spaces, 3Par, PureStorage, DataOn, DDN, and Blade Systems
- Install, configure and maintain approved Operating system (OS) versions which can include Windows 2016 and 2019, including OS patching, drivers and hardware firmware;
- Harden servers per VA STIG guidelines;
- Maintain health and viability of approximately 300 Windows machines, both physical and virtual machines;
- Adjust or migrate physical and virtual machines as needed;
- Perform monthly security patching and vulnerability remediation as needed to maintain ATO compliance
- Administer Microsoft HYPER-V clusters and Virtual Machine Manager;
- Perform Physical and Virtual server builds as requested;
- Conduct System optimization and updating;
- Conduct General Windows System troubleshooting
- Conduct Server performance bottleneck troubleshooting
- Maintain or create group policies/ local policies required by Austin Information Technology Center (AITC)/VA security entities;
- Administer and maintain Red Hat Enterprise Linux and CentOS
- Support Linux authentication with Centrify Software to VA Active Directory, including PIV authentication.
- Harden servers per VA Security Technical Implementation Guidelines
- Perform operating system upgrades and patching.
- Perform monthly security patching and vulnerability remediation.
- Reconfigure system architecture (for example clustering, adding additional storage, configuring system setting) for new solutions.
- Monitor server logs and proactively address issues.
- Respond to and remediate alerts and outages – this may occur after business hours.
- Develop and maintain automated system configuration via Ansible.
- Build Linux systems, both virtual and physical.
- Implement Linux/Windows interoperability solutions.
Other duties include:
- Hyper-V failover clusters
- High-security computer and research environments
- Provide direct installation of hardware and servers
- Cable/Rack and Stack
- Provide critical data backup and recovery services
- HP Data Protector and Microsoft Data Protection Manager
- Commvault Enterprise Backup
- Active Directory support (group policy configurations, SPN and DNS registrations, round trip latency detection, object creation, memberships and lifecycle management management)
- Provide vulnerability detection and remediation
- 3rd party application delivery and support in VDI/Virtual environments
- Must be a US citizen and be able to pass a U.S. Government background check
- Must reside near Austin, Texas and be able to physically travel to the data center
- Minimum of 10-12 years relevant experience
- Experience with Linux server administration and Linux automation
- Strong scripting skills (e.g. Commvault CLI, qScripts, PowerShell, Batch)
- Minimum of 8 years experience supporting Linux in a production / development environment
- Experience working in a mixed-platform environment running both Linux and Microsoft systems
- Experience with Windows server administration and Windows automation within an enterprise-wide environment
- Experience with Active Directory in an enterprise-wide environment
- Knowledge of Government security standards
Cognitive Medical Systems is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or other legally protected.