Title: Solution System Architect/Engineer, Senior
The Cognitive Medical Systems Team is seeking a Solution System Architect/Engineer to support the VA T4NG Consolidated Corporate Support Services (CCSS) program serving our Department of Veterans Affairs Corporate Portfolio clients across the entire U.S. CCSS is in contract start-up in its initial awarded Base Period of six months, with three additional one-year option periods that can be exercised, and is valued at $96M.
- Performs design and implementation of IT systems that require the integration of diverse and complex components.
- Activities include creating a problem statement, defining operational requirements including integration with other systems or components, researching and modeling the system architecture and configuration, investigation alternatives, cost analysis and estimation, and decision analysis.
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate requirements into hardware and software specifications.
- Provides specific, detailed information for selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements, facility requirements, data storage, backup, monitoring, operations systems, multiple operating systems, directory services, identity management, access management, and automation.
- Applies advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts. Contributes to development of new principles and concepts.
- Participates with senior management to establish strategic plans and objectives.
- Recommends/makes decisions on administrative or project work matters and ensures effective achievement of program, project, or organizational objectives.
- Works on unusually complex technical problems and provides solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious.
- Works under consultative direction toward pre-determined long-range goals and objectives. Assignments are often self-initiated.
- Determines and pursues courses of action necessary to obtain desired results.
- Work is checked through consultation and agreement with others rather than by formal supervisor review.
- Exercises independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Develops advanced technological ideas and guides their development into a final product.
- Serves as an organization spokesperson on advanced projects and/or programs. Acts as advisor to management and customers on advanced technical research studies and applications.
Required Skills by VA Product Line/Role:
- For VA’s Financial Management Product Line:
- Financial Management System (FMS):
- IT Architect across all VA Operating Systems
- Extensive knowledge and experience with Oracle and Microsoft Applications
- Expertise in a variety of FMS products and configurations
- Expertise with VA SSOi integration into FMS products
- Financial Management System (FMS):
Required Education, Experience, and Clearance:
- Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more experience, – OR –
- Masters and twelve (12) years or more experience, – OR –
- PhD or JD and nine (9) years or more experience
- Ability to obtain a VA Position of Public Trust – Medium Background Investigation (MBI)
- Mastery in analytical, verbal, and written communication skills
- Highly-motivated self-starter with a positive attitude and outstanding interpersonal skills
- Strong work ethic and technical knowledge that sets the standard for other technical personnel on the program to aspire to, with mastery in the ability to self-manage workload and deliverables under tight deadlines