The VA Sales Manager position will lead Cognitive Medical Systems’ continuing success in expanding its business base within the U.S Department of Veterans Affairs. The successful candidate will manage the sales and business development process for multiple strategic new business opportunities within the agency.
- Identifies qualifying agency funded programs of significant strategic or financial value, with special focus on healthcare IT.
- Leads proposal efforts to include solutioning and writing the proposal in conjunction with proposal managers, clinical subject matter experts, technical experts, etc.
- Manages VA opportunities and personal quota attainment
- Interfaces with the Sales team, internal and external stakeholders (prime or subcontractors, business group units), and potential and current government (VA) clients.
- Works closely with Sales team, line of business directors, and others to identify Sales opportunities and ensure effective, efficient, and integrated implementation of Sales strategies.
- Attends conferences and other external meetings to explore Sales opportunities.
- Prepares status reports and briefings for management.
- Supports continual Sales process improvement.
- Maintains appropriate records and documentation; tracks, monitors, and reports data in sales automation/tracking systems.
- Develops and maintains a “value added” working relationship with internal Cognitive teams including Executives, Capture Managers, and Project Managers
- Conducts competitive assessments on specific opportunities and makes recommendations on teaming partners and teaming agreements as appropriate for specific opportunities
- Stays abreast of Cognitive technical offerings, successes, and breakthroughs.
- Works closely with Cognitive executives, providing them with the necessary data and insight to properly integrate and manage the Sales function into their respective strategies, operating plans and budgets.
- Establishes practices and procedures to ensure the highest level of professional standards in conducting business activities and for building long lasting relationships with company employees, clients and business partners.
- Prepares Bid/No-Bid forms for each sales opportunity and creates/updates strategic account plans for the entire VA account
- 8-10 years sales and proposal solution development for VA.
- Familiarity with VA IDIQ’s contracts such as T4 NG and VISN BPA’s
- Must have had proven success in responding to T4 NG RTEPs
- Experience performing entire Business Development Cycle to include cold calling, capture and proposal management
- Domain experience with healthcare IT and IT related programs.
- Experience with information technology/market trends in Health IT/Cloud/Mobile/Big Data/Security/Human Centered Design.
- Ability to identify leads and directly market Cognitive to both mid and senior level government personnel
- Experience with customer focused marketing
- Demonstrably strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong negotiating, influencing, and communication skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in a team environment working with senior management.
- Knowledge of VA acquisition/procurement processes.
- Strong knowledge of VA organizational structure, leadership, challenges and roadmap, to include future funding
Cognitive Medical Systems is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or other legally protected.