We are seeking a Software Development Test Engineer with experience in the software development Quality Assurance process using both manual and automated testing methodologies.
- Work closely with software development team to understand product specifics and to create corresponding test plan, quality standards, and strategies for the project.
- Assist in definition of acceptance criteria for user stories
- Design, develop and execute functional test cases (manual and scripted).
- Ensure the software meets the intended requirements and software specifications, and all established quality standards specified in the test plan.
- Work collaboratively with the software development team to review test cases for completeness.
- Design and develop automated test framework for regression testing.
- Participate in improving test processes; propose new ideas on how to improve customer satisfaction and quality of product.
- Document and classify defects in a defect tracking tool
- Ensure that all best practices and enterprise standards are followed
- Work collaboratively in a Scrum development environment.
- Special projects as assigned
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years’ software testing experience including test automation and/or infrastructure development, test planning, test case design, test methodologies
- Ability to understand functional/technical specifications
- Ability to write code for scripted and automated test processes.
- Experience testing REST services
- Working knowledge of SQL
- Ability to work independently as a Lead Software Development Test Engineer to write comprehensive test cases
- US citizenship is required
Nice to have:
- Healthcare IT and Device testing experience.
- Experience with Selenium
- Experience with Java technologies.
- Experience achieving 508 compliance
Cognitive Medical Systems is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or other legally protected.