We are looking for a Software Portfolio Manager to take ownership for identifying, prioritizing, and coordinating project and program resources that support the assigned government programs and customers with the primary objective to maximize the business value while balancing cost and reducing risk. The Portfolio Manager will be responsible for supporting organizational leadership by overseeing, managing and leveraging the entire life cycle of program and project investments and initiatives to optimally achieve government goals and objectives.
The Portfolio Manager should be business focused on their assigned programs and projects to ensure applications are enhanced and maintained to meet business functional need and product maintenance remains current. Meeting the needs of our government programs and customers, the Portfolio Manager is required to effectively management all assigned software assets and their associated licenses and contracts, delivering metrics to illustrate the business benefits of each application.
- Engage with and conduct quarterly (or at other intervals as specified) reviews with senior executives and government stakeholders to validate and assess the project portfolio, execute change and reprioritize to meet business needs as required.
- Support and advise government customers on actions required to balance the portfolio of existing assets and services.
- Continuously improve government departmental governance and planning capability by integrating optimal ways of planning and organizing, acquiring and implementing, delivering and supporting, and monitoring solution’s performance
- Build trusted and effective relationships working with program and project managers to ensure on-time, on-budget, on benefit and on-quality deliveries
- Ensure the oversight and coordination of dependencies across the programs and projects in the portfolio and resolve or escalate conflicts.
- Drive or participate in vendor or subcontractor evaluation and selection for new solutions.
- Lead reviews of any significant initiatives, projects or programs that are challenged and provide recommendations as to whether it should continue, be significantly changed, placed on hold or discontinued.
- Identify overlaps (and gaps) in portfolio
- Direct the development and maintenance of portfolio assets
- Communicate and ensure adherence to the appropriate governance functions relating to the portfolio execution and decisions in accordance with guidelines, policies and practices.
- Take ownership for the creation and maintenance of project portfolio documentation, metrics and artifacts.
- Work with program and project teams to manage/oversee the full range of the project life cycle covering a portfolio of projects which focus on the business needs of a specific department or initiative.
- Identify portfolio staffing needs and communicate these needs through executive and government channels
- Develop and present Portfolio Management milestone plans and resource allocation
- Bachelor’s degree required with ten (10) years of experience
- Master’s Degree preferred
- US Citizenship required
- 5-7 years experience leading professional or support staff
- 5-7 years of government program management experience
- 4+ years of Governance/Portfolio Management experience
- Experience managing health care related software development and/or IT hosting projects
- Experience managing project budgets and government contracts
- Demonstrated experience in managing “upward” among senior leadership
- Demonstrated experience in leading diverse teams.
- Substantial consulting leadership experience a plus.
- Strong writing skills with the ability to produce technical documentation and business reports
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills for interacting with team members, external customers and vendor partners
- Strong communication skills to listen to the customer and articulate back business and technical solutions
- Willingness to travel (limited)
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification or equivalent required
- SAFe Certification preferredProgram Management Professional (PGMP) Certification preferred
- PMI Risk Management Professional (PMI-RMP) Certification preferred
- Six Sigma Green Belt Certification preferred
- Scrum Master Certification (CSM) required
- SAFe Certification preferred
Cognitive Medical Systems is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or other legally protected.