Position Title: OS Administrator (Linux and Windows)
Cognitive Medical Systems is seeking a seasoned OS Administrator (Linux and Windows) to perform the daily activities of configuration and operation of systems which may be mainframe, mini, or client/server based.
- Perform the daily activities of configuration and operation of systems which may be mainframe, mini, or client/server based.
- Perform the optimizing of system operation and resource utilization, and perform system capacity analysis and planning.
- Provide assistance to users in accessing and using business systems.
- Administer the Linux environment
- Assist with IBM Netezza security hardening, security screening, assessment and authorization (A&A) documentation, reviewing of current processes and implementing changes to current Linux bash shell scripts, and with SAS Viya implementation
- Validate both the software and the environment
- Partner with test lead and test teams
- Standardize and monitor using third party tools
- Involvement in all stages of matrixing and supporting the deployment effort to include all stages from development, integration, testing and production.
- Perform exercises pulling data to determine if it’s the software or the environment
- Must be a US citizen
- 5 years experience as Linux or Windows Sys Admin
- Bachelor’s degree or 2 years additional experience
- Linux Scripting
- Linux bash shell scripts
- Windows Administration experience
- The ability to be a generalist working on other operating system and scripting environments is preferred.
- Understanding of networking and storage
- Strong problem solving skills
Cognitive Medical Systems is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or other legally protected.