Position Title: IT Security Analyst
Cognitive Medical Systems is seeking an IT Security Analyst to analyze and define security requirements for Multilevel Security (MLS) issues. The ideal individual will have thorough knowledge of security principles, concepts, policy and regulations.
- Design, develop, engineer, and implement solutions to MLS requirements.
- Guide effort to gather and organize technical information about an organization’s mission goals and needs, existing security products, and ongoing programs in the MLS arena.
- Perform risk analyses which also includes risk assessment.
- Develop security standards
- Set up identified COTS product for POAM (Plan of Action and Milestones) management within environment with the help of Solutions Engineer.
- Populate existing and future POAMs in COTS product.
- Provide recommendations on process VA OIG should use to ensure POAM implementation.
- Implement and staff process identified to ensure POAM implementation.
- Coordinate with system owners on analyzing data regarding findings and corrections.
- Respond to incidents on assigned systems including but not limited to coordination with the ISO, OIG Privacy Officers, OIG Computer Investigations, and other resources.
- Maintain risk assessments on their assigned systems.
- Ensure documentation of OIG common controls in security and privacy plans (or equivalents).
- Document assessment findings in control assessment reports.
- Ensure that System Owners document the controls for the system and environment of operation in security and privacy plans, develop and implement a system level strategy for monitoring control effectiveness that is consistent with and supplements OIG’s continuous monitoring strategy, implement the controls in the security and privacy plans, and document changes to planned control implementations based on the “as-implemented” state of controls.
- Work with the ISO/Security Engineer to ensure Continuous Diagnostics and Mitigation (CDM)/continuous
- Monitoring of the controls
- Must be a US citizen and be able to pass a U.S. Government background check
- Bachelors Degree in computer science, electronics engineering or other engineering or technical discipline is required.
- 5 years experience or 10 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education
- Possess ability to identify key concepts, factors and risks based on conversations and document these in clear and concise narrative or graphic reports.
- Ability to identify risks in security systems and work with technical experts to resolve security issues.
- Experience leveraging vast detailed knowledge and familiarity with security discipline
- Experience providing network and security operations technical analysis, assessment and recommendations in the areas of real-time security situational awareness, operational network system and applications systems security monitoring
- Must have experience and knowledge of the latest security measures at all stages of an information system life cycle.
- Must have the ability to solve complex problems involving a wide variety of information systems.
- Must be able to understand and differentiate between critical and non critical systems and networks
Cognitive Medical Systems is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or other legally protected.