This position is for Saperi Systems, The wholly-owned subsidiary of Cognitive Medical Systems
Position Title: IT Manager – Cloud Solutions Architect
Position Summary: The AWS Solution Architect engages with customers to understand their business drivers, assess application portfolios, design reliable, and cost-effective cloud-native architectures. The Solution Architect is a very technical role: broadly competent across many areas of technology, and is responsible for partnerships with customers, our business development, and engineering teams to create highly scalable, flexible, and resilient cloud architectures that address customers’ business problems. They serve as a CLOUD Subject Matter specialist for executing and overseeing cloud computing strategy at the company and they manage, as Department Head, the Cloud Infrastructure Team .
- Commit to a deep understanding of our business requirements and the role of AWS Solutions Architect in developing the company’s value proposition, success, and reputation.
- Proactively anticipate and address the company’s strategic and tactical challenges, impediments and inefficiencies, advising executive leadership regarding trends in engineering and cloud services from a systems architecture perspective.
- Engage with customers to understand their workloads, long-term requirements, and how cloud computing services contribute to their technology roadmap and strategic IT direction.
- Identify and evaluate cloud application requirements and make architectural recommendations for implementation, deployment, and provisioning applications on AWS.
- Design, deploy and maintain dynamically scalable, highly available, fault-tolerant, and reliable applications on AWS.
- Regularly review customer core/foundational/mission-critical solutions for compliance with best practices using the Well Architected Framework.
- Assist with cost/benefit modeling and create compelling business cases/total cost of ownership studies for migration; implement cost control strategies.
- Author and/or otherwise contribute to white papers, technical documentation, administrative or regulatory compliance reports.
- Act as a technology advocate and liaison between customers, service engineers, and support teams.
- Manage the AWS Infrastructure Department, providing administrative and typical leadership .
- Support sales, marketing and other business development activities as appropriate.
- Assist in the development/authoring of proposals, grants, white papers, blogs and papers that establish our thought leadership.
- Communicate with co-workers, partners, and customers with clarity, integrity, and respect.
- Travel to academic and professional conferences as directed.
- Demonstrated experience / knowledge of Enterprise Architecture (EA) frameworks required.
- 7+ years experience in infrastructure architecture, database architecture, networking, and Service Oriented Architecture (SOA).
- 5+ years of design/implementation/consulting experience with distributed applications.
- 5+ years hands-on experience in designing, deploying and sustaining cloud architecture migrating or transforming legacy customer requirements to AWS.
- 3+ years demonstrable management experience with direct reports.
- 3+ years relevant experience in technology/software sales and proposal development.
- Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies.
- Strong written communication skills; ability to deliver high-quality documents, and paying attention to detail.
- Strong verbal communication skills; ability to communicate effectively across internal and external organizations.
- Strong presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, internal and external customers.
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and adopt innovative technologies.
- Willingness to travel up to 20%.
Minimum Educational Requirements
- Technical degree or equivalent experience required; Computer Science or Mathematics background highly desired
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional certification highly desirable
Saperi Systems is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or other legally protected status.