We are currently seeking a Human Factors Specialist with expertise in Usability/User Experience and Applied Cognitive Research. This individual will be involved with designing and evaluating Healthcare Information Systems, and Work Environments/Workflows for clinical health professionals and their staff, to improve healthcare delivery, patient and practitioner safety and satisfaction, and practitioner efficiency.
- Provide Human Factors support across the product lifecycle including customer and user needs identification, development of user and workplace profiles and usage scenarios, task analysis, requirements specification, generation of design concepts (creation of prototypes and graphical user interfaces), usability testing, user error analysis, and post-launch outcomes analysis.
- Additional tasks include standards development, in-house training, and popularizing of HF role.
- Plan, design, and execute usability evaluations, scenarios/use cases, and other user-centered research; contribute to design recommendations and improvements to the user experience.
- Conduct data analysis for research and user-experience studies, and partner closely with design and strategy personnel to synthesize findings into actionable design principles.
- Bachelors Degree in psychology, human factors engineering, interaction design, or related field (Senior level requires a graduate degree)
- 5-10+ years of HFE experience with a demonstrated understanding and proven record of success in usability and user-centered design (experience requirement applies for Senior level)
- Experience working in both design consulting and corporate environments a plus
- US Citizenship
- Domain experience: designing and/or evaluating healthcare information systems including electronic health records (EHRs) and patient-centered healthcare delivery systems. Medical Subject Matter Expertise a plus.
- Summative and Formative usability testing
- Usability and user-centered research/design techniques including:
- Time and Motion Studies
- Critical Decision Method
- Decision/Judgement/Action-Requirements Table (DJART)
- Design artifacts such as User Journey Maps, Customer Experience Maps, and Service Blueprints
- Visual diagramming
- Keystroke level modeling
- In-situ usability assessments
- User Experience (UX) guides
- Usability Toolkits
- Usability inspections/design audits/walkthroughs
- Graphic Design: Icons, Graphs, Silhouettes, Bordering, Thumbnails, Process Diagrams, Headers, Branding, Animations, Storyboards, Web Page images
- Usability techniques and tools including:
- Balsamiq or similar
- Morae or similar
- Analyzing and re-engineering clinical workflows
- Physical ergonomics
- Working to relevant usability testing standards such as International Organization for Standardization (ISO) standard 9241 part 11
- Research Design and conduct: focus groups, interviews, cognitive walkthroughs, and tabletops, part-task simulations
- Statistical analysis
- Modeling skills (a plus)
- Process models using notations such as Business Process Modelling Notation (BPMN)
- Information models using notations such as Unified Modeling Language (UML)
Cognitive Medical Systems is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or other legally protected status.