Title: Functional Analyst
The Cognitive Medical Systems Team is seeking a Functional Analyst to support the VA T4NG Consolidated Corporate Support Services (CCSS) program serving our Department of Veterans Affairs Corporate Portfolio clients across the entire U.S. CCSS is in contract start-up in its initial awarded Base Period of six months, with three additional one-year option periods that can be exercised, and is valued at $96M.
- Participates in all COTS/GOTS/custom software development phases (i.e., requirements, analysis, design, develop, test) to support the software implementation of these solutions and other business systems, both legacy support and modernization enhancement efforts.
- Adheres to the agreed-upon software development methodology
- Collaborates with technical team members and client stakeholders to improve the clients’ business processes through the use of data integration and process improvement by leveraging the products’ standard software configuration and developing custom enhancements when necessary.
- Works within the established client software development framework
- Works closely with the client to provide guidance, functional and technical experience, and will incorporate knowledge of a client’s processes to deliver scalable design specifications that will satisfy a client’s business requirements and needs.
- With the use of proven development standards and enterprise engineering methodologies, develops the documented design and will test the solution to ensure software changes do not negatively affect the existing software environment.
- Frequently uses and applies technical standards, principles, theories, concepts and techniques.
- Receives assignments in the form of objectives, and establishes goals to meet those outlined objectives. Work is reviewed by the supervisor/lead to measure meeting of objectives.
- Provides solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors.
- Works independently under general guidance and direction on routine work. May receive detailed instructions on new projects or assignments from lead/supervisor.
- Follows established procedures. Work is reviewed for soundness of technical judgment, overall adequacy, and accuracy.
- Exercises sound judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action(s) to undertake.
- Contributes to completion of milestones associated with specific programs, projects, and products.
Required Skills by VA Product Line/Role:
- May be assigned in the above role across any one or more of the four VA Corporate Product Lines (PLs – Financial, SecVA, Acquisitions and Property Mgmt, Human Capital Mgmt) individually or in parallel, full-time (for one PL) or spread across part-time (more than one PL) as needed throughout the life of the contract
- Skillsets encompass the following key areas at a minimum:
- Agile, Kanban, Scrum, and SAFe
- Functional requirements identification, gathering, and documenting
- Technical requirements identification, gathering, and documenting
- Business process analysis and improvement
- Functional and Technical design
Required Education, Experience, and Clearance:
- Bachelors and two (2) years or more experience, – OR –
- Masters degree
- Ability to obtain a VA Position of Public Trust – Medium Background Investigation (MBI)
- Excellent analytical, verbal, and written communication skills
- A highly-motivated self-starter with a positive attitude and outstanding interpersonal skills
- A strong work ethic and technical knowledge, with the ability to self-manage workload and deliverables under tight deadlines