Provide computer support to all internal users as well as external customers and providers to include the following: Respond to standard and non-standard requests for technical assistance via phone or electronically (tickets); diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues; track and route problems and requests according to structured procedures; troubleshoot issues and concerns needing additional investigation; research, and document resolutions, and stay current with system information, changes and updates. Clone computers using imaging software, maintain clone images, provide technical assistance for all printers and scanners, and provide skilled technical assistance to users for network, VPN, web based portal and wireless issues. Escalate complex incidents to Sr. Desktop Technician’s, IT Network Administrators, Business Analysts or Developers and/or Leadership when appropriate.
- Receive, troubleshoot and respond to routine and non-routine Help Desk requests via phone calls or e-mails in a 24/7 environment.
- Set up and maintain hardware and software including computers, printers, copiers, faxes, scanners, and projectors.
- Educate end-users on how to resolve various hardware and software problems.
- Act as escalation point for incoming issues and problem resolution. Escalate issues as necessary to appropriate parties for resolution.
- Project support for departmental initiatives resulting in streamlined processes and productivity improvements.
- Provide departmental support by floor/region, assisting the workforce with proactive solutions to support the business need.
- Travel to various LHI locations across the United States to provide technical support as needed.
- Associate’s Degree in IT, CIS, Networking or other related field
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a desktop support environment
- Equivalent combination of education, experience and/or applicable military experience will be considered
- Intermediate knowledge of an enterprise environment, (domain, vlans, network infrastructure, utilization of web portals, Service Desk systems, Hardware Inventory, VPN, etc.)
- Previous experience with a ticketing system and working with FOG imaging software
- Demonstrated ability to complete project work according to established timelines and deadlines and work with minimum supervision
- Must be comfortable representing and communicating with internal and external customers as a liaison for the HelpDesk team; strong customer service, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to interact and communicate with all levels of personnel and management and be able to effectively perform assigned duties in a team oriented environment
- Must have strong troubleshooting skills and a demonstrated commitment to solving user problems
- Proven ability to take responsibility for assigned tasks and prioritize workload in a fast paced environment
- Proven ability to adhere to procedures and maintain accurate detailed records including attendance and inventorying
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Ability to provide on-call phone support at night and on weekends within a rotation schedule
- Willingness to travel up to 5% to various LHI locations across the U.S. to provide technical support as needed.
- 3+ years’ experience in a desktop support environment
- Experience with performing quality assurance checks on clone images
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience analyzing work tasks and demand and/or identifying solutions for trends and issues identified.
- Experience implementing a large scale initiative.
- Ability to understand complex business processes that cross multiple operational units
- National Career Readiness Certificate
Cognitive Medical Systems is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or other legally protected.