We are seeking a Data Scientist / Technical Business Analyst to Create and deploy a documentation system and documentation content(s) to support requirements. The goal is to have technical documentation that facilitates communication between developers and with the VA.
- Outline the Clinical Decision Support (CDS) architecture, data dictionaries for tables and datasets, best practices for developers, project specific definitions and FAQs, templates for planning and validation, as well as other support documentation necessary.
- Package documentation of CDS products and architecture for sharing with the Department of Defense
- Create documentation guided per staff, such as outlining the Clinical Decision Support (CDS) architecture, data dictionaries for tables and datasets, best practices for developers, project specific definitions and FAQs, templates for planning and validation, as well as other support documentation necessary.
- Provide orientation to training materials for new staff and partners.
- Actively conduct daily monitoring of CDS processing which include SQL queries, jobs, and CDS reports to facilitate troubleshooting system performance issues.
- Conduct an intensive review of CDS processes and report functionality daily for the first 3 calendar days following release of a monthly sprint.
- Develop/Improve code and validation processes, implementing best practices to evaluate impact on performance and accuracy of code updates.
- Create a report/method to monitor changes between CDS production and CDS development environment.
- Provide project management support for CDS development cycles.
- Create monthly schedules and timelines for CDS development cycles.
- Work with the CDS team to translate monthly deliverables into stories in JIRA. Ensure deliverables are adequately designed and specified to enable full development and validation prior to initial implementation.
- Must be US Citizen
- Must reside a commutable distance to Palo Alto, CA
- Project personnel must include team members with at least 3 years of experience and expertise with design of clinical tools and reports and use of Microsoft products as described in Section 7.2 in VA systems, including the VA Corporate Data Warehouse (CDW).
- 3 years of experience and expertise using Microsoft products including: SQL (Structured Query Language) SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services) SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services) PowerShell TFS/VSDT (Team Foundation Server/Visual Studio Design Tools)
- 3 years of expertise with agile software development and maintenance practices including:
- Sprint design and management
- JIRA-based project tracking and management
- 3 years’ work experience in deploying data warehouse-based clinical decision support tools (CDS) within VA platforms including, but not limited to, data extraction, clinical reasoning, and interface design. By clinical decision support this contract refers to SQL based reports that aggregate complex clinical data from large populations of patients and present actionable data at the point of care.
- Must have experience in design and testing of data-warehouse based clinical decision support systems for use in primary care and mental health settings. Experience working with clinical data related to opioid and psychotropic prescriptions and safety protocols, and mental health assessments are highly desirable.
- Must have knowledge of monitoring the performance of data extraction, transformation, and presentation systems to support deployment of clinical decision support.
- Must have experience working with sensitive protected health information specifically related to mental health conditions and substance use disorders.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and sensitivity to clinical decision support usability, demonstrated by work experiences as a member of a collaborative team that has implemented and supported deployment of clinical decision support tools within operational clinical environments.
Cognitive Medical Systems is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or other legally protected.