The Cloud Automation Engineer role incorporates aspects of software engineering and applies that knowledge to infrastructure and operational problems. This role is responsible for the technical leadership for our service line development and support. They are engaged throughout the product/service lifecycle.
- Very organized and able to lead a team. Consistent and willing to learn and continues to excel in any position held.
- Service Line Technical Leadership, focusing on the development of processes and software necessary to maintain services throughout the service lifecycle using data collection and monitoring ensuring the overall health of the services provided
- Identifying and understanding constraints and requirements for existing projects ensuring that they meet FTS standards, processes, and policies
- Hands on experience with Infrastructure as Code provisioning and management tools
- Hands on experience with implementing Continuous Integration and Delivery tools
- Drive capacity planning, performance analysis, instrumentation, and other nonfunctional systems requirements.
- Implement metrics driven processes to ensure service quality targets are met.
- Promotes continual improvement of service line systems
- Leverages reuse and automation throughout the system lifecycle
- Hands on experience with multiple cloud service models within Amazon Web Services GovCloud and Microsoft Azure Government.
- Customer focused position with the ability to manage multiple tasks within a project while focusing on the customer experience.
- Create data flow diagrams, cloud security diagrams, transition architecture diagrams, and high-level architecture diagrams on Cloud Infrastructure, applications, and systems.
- Develop, maintain, and support execution of an Implementation Plan that defines the implementation approach, processes, and activities (prior to, during, and after), test strategy, setup and configuration procedure, inventory of IT assets, risk assessment, key dependencies, and schedule. If a VAEC CSP has not yet been selected by VA, the Contractor shall recommend a CSP.
- Develop and support execution of the Transition Plan that defines the approach and action plans to prepare VA stakeholders to receive and operate the solution. This includes improving stakeholder engagement, outreach, and communications.
- Bachelors’ degree or higher in Computer Science, or other related disciplines
- 5 years experience in systems or solution engineering
- Additional 2 years systems/solution engineering or related experience will be considered in lieu of a Computer Science degree
- VA IT programs experience preferred
- Must be able to successfully undergo a Veterans Affairs High-Security Investigation (VA MBI)
- AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Service Model Experience
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with evolving programs
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent oral communication and presentation skills
- Highly motivated
- Ability to take initiative
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to learn quickly
Cognitive Medical Systems is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or other legally protected.