The Clinical Terminologist supports activities in the areas of natural language processing, vocabularies, and decision support toward creation and maintenance of Health Information Technology Systems and Support Terminologies.
- Provide technical expertise in national and international terminology standards including: SNOMED, ICD-9, ICD-10, and other UMLS source vocabularies
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identifies potential crises, and assists with devising contingency plans
- Create new code lists or value sets, using government-supported tools and resources such as the National Library of Medicines Value Set Authority Center (VSAC), and used in specifications for measuring clinical quality of care using standards such as Quality Data Model, Clinical Quality Language, and Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources
- Support programmers and data scientists to produce valid and accurate queries by auditing clinical and administrative codes used to query patient data from electronic health record (EHR) systems, registries, Quality Clinical Data Registries and billing data
- Support internal research staff to identify appropriate data elements from patient records to meet research objectives
- Masters Degree
- Education in Nursing, Health Care, Sciences, Information Technology or a related field, equivalent relevant work experience
- 10 years experience with in depth terminology and clinical backgrounds (including disability), to include physicians, nurses, pharmacists, and possibly other allied health and benefits professionals sufficient to work as developers of content for these standards.
- Must have at a minimum at least three years of relevant experience in creation and curation of clinical decision support artifacts
- Strong knowledge in reviewing and interacting with an electronic medical records
- Nursing, Health Care, Sciences, Information Technology or a related field, equivalent relevant work experience
- Deep knowledge of clinical and billing terminologies such as SNOMED, LOINC, ICD-10, RxNorm, NDC, CPT, HCPCS, CPT II and MS-DRG
- Database and Coding (SQL, Python) experience a plusProficiency with MS Office products
Cognitive Medical Systems is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or other legally protected.