The Clinical Informaticist will lead/contribute to a team of clinicians, engineers and researchers advancing standards-based information technology solutions to complex administrative, clinical, and research problems. He or she will support the Company’s engineering projects commissioned by our Federal/academic customers, and contribute to business development, proposal writing, and the submission of academic grants. The Clinical Informaticist will also participate in our standards development activities/project, for example, at Health Level 7 (HL7), Object Management Group (OMG).
- Provides expert services and leadership in specialized health/medical areas.
- Provides expertise on an as-needed basis to all assigned tasks.
- Provides expert advice and assistance in state-of-the-art health related hardware, software, and telecommunications.
- Coordinates with management and technical personnel to ensure that problems are properly defined and that the solution developed will satisfy the customer’s requirements
- Masters Degree
- 10 years experience
- Must have a minimum of three years of relevant experience in creation and curation of clinical decision support artifacts. Experience leading clinical curation and harmonization teams a significant plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge of health informatics standards, common use cases, and clinical problem domains. Actual clinical experience a significant plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge of healthcare informatics, data models and semantic concerns in general, and HL7 Standards (FHIR, KAS, QUICK, CTS2, etc.) in particular. Actual experience working with HL7/OMG/OASIS and representing CDS artifacts in XML a significant plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the Clinical Decision Support domain, its technologies, knowledge artifact management, and workflow integration. Actual implementation experiences a significant plus.
- Deep experience in at least one adult clinical domain (e.g., internal medicine, general surgery, mental health, etc.)
- Familiarity with VA CDS implementation including CQL, CIMI, CIF, FHIR, HL7 KAS, Solor and ANF.
- Experience working as part of an engineering and/or architecture team desirable.
- Experience working with logical modeling, and terminology managements desirable.
- Strong writing and communications skills.
- Strong public speaking skills.
Cognitive Medical Systems is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or other legally protected.