This clinically experienced SME will lead/contribute to a team of clinicians, engineers and researchers advancing standards based information technology solutions to complex administrative, clinical, and research problems. He or she will support the Company’s engineering projects commissioned by our Federal/academic customers, and contribute to business development, proposal writing, and the submission of academic grants. The Clinical Informatics Subject Matter Expert will also participate in our standards development activities/project, for example, at Health Level 7 (HL7), Object Management Group (OMG).
· Provide clinical care, quality and health administration expertise to customer, business development, and sale & marketing initiatives.
· Manage clinicians/engineers/other subject matter experts to deliver exceptional performance on internal and external customer projects.
· Conduct analyses and develop functional requirements to develop appropriate technical and workflow appropriate solutions to complex clinical and organizational challenges.
· Assist in the development/authoring of proposals, grants, and white papers that support the Company’s activities, interests and research in the area of clinical decision support and Service Oriented Architecture.
· Develop and maintain industry relationships that benefit our customers and business development activities.
· Author and publish whitepapers and research papers pertinent to research conducted at Cognitive.
· Assist in standards development activities, balloting, and post ballot comment reconciliation activities at HL7, OMG, etc. as directed.
· Demonstrated clinical experience in a hospital or clinical setting. RN degree preferred.
· Demonstrated experience with Bonnie and Measure Authoring Tool (MAT)
· Demonstrated knowledge of health informatics standards, common use cases, and clinical problem domains.
· Demonstrated current knowledge of healthcare informatics, data models and semantic concerns in general, and HL7 Standards (FHIR, QUICK, CTS2, etc.) in particular. Actual experience working with HL7/OMG/OASIS a significant plus.
· Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the Clinical Decision Support domain, its technologies, knowledge artifact management, and workflow integration. Actual implementation experiences a significant plus.
· Experience working as part of an engineering, process improvement and/or architecture team desirable.
· Exceptional writing and communications skills.
· Strong public speaking skills.
Cognitive Medical Systems is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or other legally protected status.