Position Title: Business Analyst
Cognitive Medical Systems is seeking a Business Analyst to work closely with multiple internal teams and external clients to define and clarify project requirements. Working with our internal project development teams, the Analyst will develop requirements documentation, use cases, work flow and mockups to help clarify and communicate requirements and solutions to our internal and external customers.
- Assist in applying common best practices for the industry to the customer using a knowledge base to create conceptual business models and to identify relevant issues and considerations in selecting application software packages.
- Assess the operational and functional baseline of an organization and its organizational components, and help to define the direction and strategy for an engagement while ensuring the organizational needs are being addressed. Typical areas addressed include Human Resources, Finance, Supply, and operations.
- Identify information technology inadequacies and/or deficiencies that affect the functional area’s ability to support/meet organizational goals.
- Generate functional area strategies for enhanced IT operations in a cross-functional area mode throughout the organization.
- Participate in account strategy sessions, strategic assessments and design reviews to validate enterprise approach and associated work products, such as ERP implementations coordinating the resolution of highly complex problems and tasks.
- Assist teams to define and communicate project and customer requirements
- Document requirements using use cases and mockups
- Collaboratively work with project teams to communicate designs
- Identity gaps between customer requirements and engineering designs and effectively communicate to develop consensus among stakeholders
- Must be a US citizen and be able to pass a U.S. Government background check
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related discipline
- Minimum of 5 years working as a Business Analyst
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong technical and problem solving skills to interpret written or technical specification documents
- Demonstrated experience working with software engineers and developers in an agile environment
- Experience with software development methodologies
- Experience with UML, Visio and other modeling software
Cognitive Medical Systems is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or other legally protected.