Job Description: This is an exciting opportunity to help provide coordination of care to Veterans and assist to schedule Medical and Dental appointments. This job will require Veteran and Provider outreach. A referral will be used as the source to schedule and various systems will be utilized. Seeking professional and reliable candidates with excellent customer service skills, ability to navigate multiple systems and compassionate towards others.
- Contact assigned list of Veterans to determine their medical appointment scheduling preference Provider and availability
- Contact In- Network providers to schedule appointment within Veteran Preference and contracted time frames
- Track all booked and arrived appointments for patients generated through outreach efforts
- Ensure patient confidentiality with the handling of all patient health information and records
- Communicate all issues with leader
- Support Inbound/Outbound patient phone calls
- Respond to or refers incoming calls in a prompt, pleasant and professional manner
- Remain in the call queue at all times unless permission to leave is approved
- Confirm address spelling and verification of addresses using the appropriate software
- Administer schedule additions, changes, or inquiries in the appropriate database within required time frames
- Process scheduling requests in a timely fashion
- Work effectively in a structured, production environment
- Adhere to daily schedules and assignments
- Work with leadership team to identify and forward potential Quality of Care complaints
- Maintain strict member and company confidentiality
- Perform other related duties as assigned
To be considered for this position, applicants need to meet the qualifications listed in this posting.
- High school diploma or GED
- Must be US Citizen
- 1+ year of experience in a medical or health insurance environment. Includes claims processing, claims customer service, hospital or medical/dental provider office etc.
- Knowledge of medical terminology (provider specialties, ICD/CPT codes etc.)
- Proficient in Microsoft office suite
- Must have workspace in the home with a door and no distractions
- Ability to multi -task
- Metric focused & ability to consistently meet productivity standards
- Typing Test = 35 WPM to qualify
- Ability to read, write, understand and communicate proficiently in both English and Spanish
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including, strong telephone etiquette and interpersonal skills
- Engaging/ outgoing personality
- Exhibit solid organizational skills, flexibility, time management and attention to detail in a goal – orientated environment
- Experience in a related environment (i.e. office, administrative, clerical, etc.) using phones and computers as the primary job tools
Cognitive Medical Systems is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or other legally protected.